Call for FREE Estimate:
With Bilco's bulkhead doors, you can rest assured knowing that you are installing top-of-the-line doors that will provide durability, protection, and easy accessibility to and from your basement.
Bulkhead Doors give you the benefits of:
Variety of colors to choose from
For more product details, visit Bilco Basement Doors
Feel confident and secure by installing a Bilco Bulkhead door Today!
Get a FREE quote for your affordable Bulkhead installation
1. Easy to Operate... Gas Spring list assistance provides smooth, easy, one-hand operation and prevents the doors from slamming closed.
2. Weathertight... Sheds water, keeps areaway dry and free of debris. Flanged construction sheds water and prevents binding due to ice and snow.
3. Rugged... Heavy gauge steel and sturdy concealed hinges, protected from the weather ensure all-season operation and lasting service.
4. Durable... Baked-on Sherwin Williams primer provides a durable base for finish paint (See painting instructions). See our optional powder coat finish.
5. Secure... Slide bolt lock and internal mounting flanges make your home safe and secure. Optional keyed lock kit available for exterior access.
6. Code-Compliant... Satisfies IRC 2012 Building code requirements for emergency egress in finished basement areas.
Stair Stringers for Basement Areaway
Stringer sizes are available for all size Bilco Basement Doors. Constructed of heavy galvanized steel, Bilco stair stringers are an economical and more durable alternative to wood stair stringers for your basement areaway.
In many cases, Bulkheads are installed below the grade of your soil. In these situations, the Bulkheads should be raised with a concrete foundation before your new Bulkhead is installed.
This will keep water from leaking into your basement.
Need your Bulkhead painted?
It's important to paint your Bulkhead with two coats of rustoleum before it gets old and rusty.