Do you think you need foundation repair RI? If you have any concerns about the health of your foundation, it’s best to consult with a professional. At Global Basement Waterproofing, our team of professionals will inspect your foundation for any cracks or damage while considering your budget and peace of mind. Some signs may not point directly to a foundation issue, yet they can cause concern. Keep reading for five signs that prove you may need a foundation repair.
Don’t stress out immediately if you notice small cracks in your basement! First, here are a few signs that may not be so problematic:
- Ceiling Cracks
- Sticking Doors (handle side of the door frame)
- Normal brick expansion joints
- Cracks above Garage
- Hairline cracks in concrete floors and/or flaws in concrete surfaces
- Cracks in floor tile and/or grout
It’s always a good idea to repair any damaged drywall or cracking surfaces, which is often an easy fix. However, if you notice any of these issues worsening, we suggest contacting a professional.
Cracks in Drywall & Brick
One significant sign that you need a foundation repair is if you see diagonal cracks in the drywall coming up from the doors and window frames. This can also be mirrored in a diagonal “stair/step” pattern cracking in exterior brick and mortar walls, usually under window frames.
Movement Inside & Out
If your foundation is settling, your house will give away some visible signs. This includes the movement of various frames and edges. Here are some major indicators:
- Door sticking from the hinge-side of the frame. This happens when the door frame is no longer square with the door due to a settling foundation.
- Gapping or separating exterior trim. This usually happens in upward, horizontal locations due to moving or sagging walls.
- Movement of interior installments. An example of this is the separation of backsplash and countertops due to settling walls and floors.
If these issues aren’t resolved, your foundation can require more repair, and those costs can go up exponentially.
Foundation Repair RI – Global Basement
As mentioned above, foundation issues tend to show up vertically on surfaces in your home. Examples include drywall, door frames, molding, and cabinetry affixed to walls. If you notice any of the above signs, it may be time to call the professionals at Global Basement! We will inspect, diagnose, and repair your foundation issues with your budget and confidence in mind.